Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lollipop Man!

Current Song: Avast, Fluttershy's Ass! Why? Because ponies.

Today marks the fourth day I have been the Lollipop Man.

What is a Lollipop Man? Well, apparently, in the United Kingdom, crossing guards are called lollipop men by the children who they protect from errant traffic. I rather like the name, so I've been sticking to it.

The nice thing about this job is it gets me out of the house and into the great outdoors for a time. I get to meet lots of wonderful, nice awesome little kids as they run past me to school. And I get paid rather nicely, considering how easy the job is and how enjoyable I find it.

Still, it has taken a bit of a bite out of my writing time, mostly due to me just being tuckered out from my biking out and biking back. I hope that this heralds some good health for me, as I have been spending far too much time in bed lately.

Things I need to do in the coming weeks...

1) Get used to waking up early again.

2) Start writing again.

3) Somehow inure myself to the pains of reading negative critiques. I know I am not perfect and want to read negative reviews just as much as positive reviews, so that I can learn and grow. But...that doesn't prevent me from hyperventilating and panicking and feeling low down like a snake. Gotta work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment