Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Flash Fiction

So, I've been getting fairly good responses to the Immortals - save for, of course, a few copy editing comments. I will attempt to fix those as time goes on, but please remember that you are getting stuff straight off the writing floor of the imagination funtime factory that is the interior of my brain. I will continue try my hardest to provide quality entertainment to all 12 of my readers, and hopefully will catch more copy editing issues before people notice and E-mail me about them.

Still, today is Friday, and normally, there would be a story post here...but today is also a birthday party celebration, and so I did not have time to write a new post.

In lieu of an apology, how about I provide some FREE FLASH FICTION! 

Without further delay, I present...

Firewall

###



The man opened the suitcase while nanofected wind blew through the air. His partner kept watch for killbots, but he was focused. He pulled out the slate of plastic and downloaded the book within. After the datapocalypce, a single uncorrupted novel from the Dead Times would be worth its bit-weight in credits.

-riverrun past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs-

The man shook his head. “It’s corrupted. Come on.” He threw the plastic down and deleted the text before the virus that killed it leaped to his mainframe.

The two scavvers walked on, insulated by a firewall and by time from Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment