Friday, January 17, 2014

Catching Up

Hey gang! Sorry about all the delays to the three or four of you actually interested in this blog, but lately, I have been a really terrible person about updating. There are a few reasons, and I feel like I should share them with you guys!

The first reason is simple: I got a brand new computer and it has been distracting me with the delights of video games. It is a dreadfully low and selfish reason, but it is a reason.

...I'm not as guilty as I should be. Assassin's Creed 4 is REALLY fun!

The second reason is also fairly simple: I've been a little burned out on writing, thanks to doing quite a lot of it. Furthermore, I'm soon going to be given some official writing that I will need to do RIGHT WHEN IT ARRIVES or else I'll be shot by angry Germans, and I'd rather be refreshed and ready for that than to be even more burned out by forcing myself to write when I wasn't inspired.

This is very exciting for me - as it may mean a brand new novel for my fans to buy - but it also means not writing for a bit. And I'm not the kind of author who stops writing and stops writing forever - new ideas always pop up, and new inspiration always comes.

At least, it has thusfar, and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon!

The third reason is where things get a tad complex: I'm a...little...stuck on the Immortals storyline. I do have general ideas of where to go, but getting there (from a nitty, gritty, "what happens next" perspective) has gotten...

Stuck! And that is a tad awkward. See, I usually write novels until I get stuck, and if I don't get unstuck, I move on to a new project until a solution occurs and I come back to the issue, or until I forget about the novel in question. You'd think this would lead to a lot of unfinished products (and you'd be right!) but I still do finish quite a few books.

So, this leaves me with a bit of a quandary: Should I leave the Immortals laying fallow until I figure out where to go next, and write something else for you lovely people...or should I (once my break is done) man up and barrel through this part with an idea, any idea, no matter how bad or forced it is?

Because sometimes, breaking through a tough scene will open the book up, and quality will go back up.

If you have an opinion, feel free to comment!

If no one says anything, I'll go with option 1: Start a new idea and post it here, 1k a day, and try to pick one less...confounding.

Thanks, all!

-D.


No comments:

Post a Comment